The organisation is made up of both parents and professionals, with a strong knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders, in addition to, a passion and commitment for empowering those who face the daily challenges of raising or educating a child with Autism.
We promote an ethos of respect for all regardless of gender, race, sexuality, social background, ability, nationality or religion. The contribution of every individual is valued equally.
Our Services Include:
- Case Management Services: to guide families each step of the way through successfully raising their diverse children.
- Advocacy Services: to assist families in obtaining their rights and the rights of their children in terms of educational services (IEPs, disability accommodations, etc.) government services, employment, and other areas.
- Social and Recreational Events: for families and youth, with inclusive, accommodating and welcoming atmospheres.
- Informational, Educational, and Support Events: for families and youth that inform, educate and support.
- Resource Assistance: Financial and material (clothing, toys, educational supplies, therapeutic materials, etc.) assistance, based on need, to mentally diverse youth and their families.
- Email Discussion List: to allow communication among the community of families, professionals, mentally diverse individuals and other interested parties.
- Parent Mentor Programme: Mentors are both parents and professionals, with a strong knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders, in addition to, a passion and commitment for empowering those who face the daily challenges of raising or educating a child with Autism. Mentors are those who lend an ear, help families problem solve, find the help they need for their child and offer emotional support. The Mentor Program is a way to provide face-to-face support in a caring and warm environment for families new to Autism diagnosis.
- School Education Resource Programme: The purpose of these workshops is to provide parents with valuable information pertaining to current topics in special education and common scenarios that families with special needs face in schools. The Team will be available for questions and answers at the end of each workshop.